What you'll need to get hacking with Jifty
- Perl 5.8.3 or newer
- A database
- We've tested Postgres 7.4 and 8.0 and SQLite 3.0 with the full stack
- MySQL seems to work just fine with the full stack
- Oracle works with Jifty::DBI and shouldn't need much love to make it work with the full stack (though the _ starting a table name is a problem)
- A big pile of perl modules
- We're working hard to make this better.
- A web server, or not (Jifty includes one you can use)
This more of a question, Can the needed database mentioned above be SQL Server 2005? If yes what should I pay attention too if anything?